TRACY HARRIS’ FLUTE BOOT CAMP
Tracy's 2010 Flute Boot Camp date and location will be announced soon. Below is information from the 2009 Flute Bootcamp for your information. Please check back with us again soon for full details concerning Tracy's 2010 Bootcamp.
Hi fellow Flute Booters! This year's response has been overwhelming! Thank You for your participation and your enthusiasm.
Please download the following PDF documents:
These documents have all of the relevant information that you will need for your upcoming Flute Boot with Tracy Harris. Please bring all signed forms to the Check-IN. All information that you might need is contained in these documents. Should you need any further information - please do not hesitate to contact one of Tracy's staff at TracyHarrisFlute@yahoo.com. Thank you and we are all looking forward to seeing every one of you at this year's Flute Boot!
**In addition to the forms please bring the following - I know this seems obvious but some of you have already asked**
* Bring your Flute/Piccolo if you have one.
* A flute cleaning rod to clean out your instrument with- also piccolo rod if you bring a piccolo
* A 100% cotton mens handkerchief
* A steno pad and pencil for note taking with your name on it.
* Metronome/tuner if you own one with your name on it.
* Flute stand if you own one/Piccolo stand if you own one - with your name on it.
* Please label your flute case or have a luggage tag on your flute case - we have quite a large number of booters this year and I do not want equipment like cases to be mixed up.
* A bag to carry it all in with your name on it
Boot Camp Director: Yamaha Performing Artist and Clinician Tracy Harris
Boot Camp Coordinator: Jordan Ray
Open to flutists and piccolo players from grades 4 to 12
WHEN: July 10-11, 2009
WHERE: Mt Whitney High School Band Room, Visalia, CA - COST: Free of Charge.
*Complete Information about Boot Camps in Kings County and Kern County Coming Soon.
HOURS: 9 am to 5 pm (12pm-1pm is lunch - FluteBooters are responsible for their own lunch)
Dust off your flute case and get back into shape with Yamaha Performing Artist Tracy Harris. Learn from a world class artist in this two-day intensive woodwind flute/piccolo boot camp designed to help prepare the flute/piccolo student for the rigors of band camp and wind ensemble rehearsals. This Boot Camp will help all players get back in shape for the New Year and perhaps even get a better chair to “boot”. There will be a staff of flute professionals trained by Miss Harris so that everyone from the beginning to the advanced students receives assistance.
The following 10 important basics will be covered with the “FluteBooters” over the two days:
- Warm up routines that build a clean, rich tone.
- Correct Fingerings for all notes including trill fingerings will be thoroughly reviewed for both flute and piccolo (free fingering guides will be handed out).
- How to breathe properly and make the most out of your breath and projection.
- Intonation – Using tuning devices, tuning by ear, how to play well in tune with other instruments, your instruments natural tendencies when it comes to tuning in all dynamics.
- Care and maintenance of your instrument – how to keep your instrument in shape in the cold, the extreme heat and humidity.
- Vibrato production and use.
- Articulation for both single and double tonguing.
- Piccolo –The “Screeching Twig”can it truly be tamed? – 5 steps from Screech to Scrumptious!
- Efficient Practice routines and mental strategies that help you become the best performer you can be under the pressure of chair auditions and concert performance.
- How to get noticed and distinguish yourself from the many other aspiring flute/piccolo players in your section and how to handle those audition “jitters”.
- There will also be a two hour seminar for all junior and senior high band directors given by Tracy Harris to help those directors that are not flute or piccolo specialists with the particular intricacies of coaching flute and piccolo in a band setting.
- A woodwind technician will visit during the class for flute and piccolo repairs as needed and there will be a two hour flute and piccolo demonstration for anyone interested in the new rental or purchase of an instrument.
Please Contact Us to request an application for the Boot Camp. Please include your Name, Address, City, State and ZIp, as well as your phone number, e-mail address (if applicable), the Instruments you play, Your Age, Grade, and Name of Your School.
*Click Here for a PDF, Printable version of the application request that you can fill out and mail to us at:
Attn: Tracy Harris’ Flute Boot Camp 2009
30108 Sierra Sunrise Drive
Exeter, CA 93221